I Knit London Tweets

Friday, July 11, 2008

where's all the knitting gone?

I had a great birthday on Wednesday. I love being in the shop and so many people who came down came wished me a happy birthday and it was so nice - thank you all.

I got great presents! Lots of cake, obviously and lots of booze - perhaps most obviously. I love my spinning wheel. Craig is brilliant and it's the perfect gift. I was awake at 6.30am , although I was quite squiffy when I went to bed - and was spinning away for ages. Perhaps not spinning properly but I have some time available at Camp Bestival where the rather marvelous Alix will hopefully give me some tuition.

I wish that I could post more about knitting here but the only knitting I've done recently has been for this. So I can't show you any! I'm very excited about it, though.

I have other very special news. Last Saturday I was elected as Vice Chair of The Knitting and Crochet Guild. I am very excited about this new string to my bow and I can't wait to get to work! But before that you must all become members straight away.

Gxx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm already a member. Spinning is addictive, even worse than knitting.....

Anonymous said...

I'm already a member, too - and I am glad to see you getting involved. Too often the newsletters feel like internal debates within a coffee klatsch that doesn't take new drinkers.

Marytheknit said...

Congrats, Gerard. Don't forget, every time you leave the house now the mantra should be "keys, money, phone, KCG memberships forms ..."