Wednesday, February 28, 2007
I don't like 100% acrylic and I don't especially love cotton but I love merino and sock, 100% wool, cashmere, cotton silk
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
a whiskey bottle tube, I'm not that tidy, though.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I've been knitting for about 5/6 years. A crafty friend taught me the basic and learned lots more by taking risks, lol, but there is still a lot to learn but I think I am intermediate.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
i do but it's not really up to date.
5. What's your favorite scent?
l'eau d'issey by issey miyake.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
yes, most of my teeth are sweet, in fact, but I'm trying to live sugar free.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I have recently learned to crochet which I love but I only know a small amount. I don't have time for any other crafts. I'd love to spin but I think that is a few years away.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I can play cd's I like lots of music, mostly at like british indie pop bands like The Feeling.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
green. I like natural, earthy colours. not very parcial to fake, day glow colours.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I am almost married. We don't have pets wish to. Today I decided that I would like a rabbit. I would also like a big dog x 3, stick insects, snakes, sheep, and possibly pigs. I doubts I will ever get any, though.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I do not wear ponchos. I wear all the rest and I have been known to wear a celtic warrior shawl. Those who know me know the irony of that statement.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I usually knit small things that don't need sewing just because I suppose I'm lazy. I love knitting baby stuff, though. I also love knitting socks.
13. What are you knitting right now?
socks, a blanket, a calorimetry, mittens and a hat.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
not especially, sorry.
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I mostly knit with wood, not bamboo, though. I love knitting with Denise, I have the pink kit.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I have a yarn winder but no swift.
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
too old to remember.
18. What is your favorite holiday?
city holidays like NYC. I also love spain.
19. Is there anything that you collect?
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
knit picks, victorian lace today
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I've never done lace, I would love to knit a fab shall for my mum.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I am. I am a UK size 8.5 or a 42, i think.
23. When is your birthday?
Tuesday, February 27, 2007
Visit www.endwaterpoverty.org and pledge your support. Please also visit the 'take action page and send a message to the G8.
End Water Poverty is a new campaign and I think the river, when it is sewn together, will be used to help raise awareness of this campaign, the deatils of which I will announce when plans have been finallized.
Saturday, February 24, 2007
If you look closely you will see a couple of red wine stains, oops! Her mother will definately not mind; we grew up together and I know she likes a little glass or two so I'm sure she'll understand.
Saturday in the shop has been quiet - everyone must be at Excel. I went on Thursday and I can't wait to order some more handspun from Fyberspates. The river was also present for the exhibition, thanks to Beatrice and the Middlesex WI, who have made almost 1000 between them!And they are sewn together!! Most of them have been sewn by Mary (who is pictured sewing in her hospital bed just to the right of this picture). I hoep you get well soon, Mary.
Saturday, February 17, 2007
18 March at The Phoenix, Cavendish Square, just off Oxford Circus.
put it in your diary, it's going to be great, we have already booked some of the entertainment...
...we'll post more news soon!
Thursday, February 15, 2007
We had somewhat of an early night and we watched some of the Brits which made me feel kind of old and the even thought I am from the North West I was slightly depressed by the awfulness off Oasis; who buys their records? Anyway, Amy Winehouse is brilliant! I'm knitting her a garter!
Happy Knitting, and happy lovin'!
Saturday, February 10, 2007
We made egg cosies for each of the eggheads. Daphne and Judith liked us most as they both knitted. They talked with us for a while after the show and they were really nice. Because it was a quiz and because I'm from Liverpool I had the idea that it would be a bit of a battle and I went in thinking it would be a bit of a clash but it was so relaxed and all the Eggheads, Daphne and Judith especially were lovely.
Shop news; we've had a couple of massive deliveries, including one from Rowan! And lots more expected, so much so that another trip to the flatpack shop was required and so there are more shelves than ever to display the gorgeous yarns and things.