I Knit London Tweets

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I Knit at The Brits

I Knit is well used to the unusual nature of the requests we get such as a toilet seat cover for Phil Tuffnell or a badly knitted pink jumper for Danny Wallace or life size monsters (made in 4 days) for the premier of Where The Wild Things Are.

Some of the requests I sadly have to turn down because people really do ask for life size versions of the monsters from Where The Wild Things Are to be knitted in 4 days. A request to knit at the Brits Aftershow party came in mid January and I certainly didn't refuse that one.

The organisers wanted I Knit to 'man' a shed that would be the knitting area where we could show off our beautiful knitted things and teach people to knit - should they want to learn. The party started at 10.30pm and finished at 2pm.

I gladly said yes to that gig, providing we got a couple of tickets for the show. I've never been to a big pop awards, many an afternoon was spent in my youth wishing I could be at the Smash Hits Poll Winners Party but dreaming was as close as I ever got.

Below is the view from our seats at the event (I took my friend Amy). Just to prove I was there. I didn't get a nose bleed but I did have to take a break halfway up the stairs to the seats!

The picture shows hots Peter Kay. He is brilliant and worth every penny, not just for introducing Lady Gaga as 'New York's version of Sue Pollard'
This is our view of the special people. Lady Gaga herself is sitting in the bottom left corner but you can't see her huge her in the picture, we could see it from our seats, two miles up.
If you saw any of my tweets on the night you would know that I wasn't enjoying it as much as I'd expected (or wanted too). I think a combination of old age, wine and altitude sickness rather hampered my experience. Either that or it was just rubbish.

My favorite part of the awards was the Dizzee Rascal and Florence and the Machine Duet. Florence is pictured below. I did also love seeing Lily Allen dressed like orphan Annie.

I am only slightly ashamed of saying JLS are the dregs
of our culture as while I do very much believe it I should
maybe not say anything if I have nothing nice to say.
The aftershow party was great. Not many people wanted
to knit but we had a great time anyway. Thanks to Sarah,
Lorraine, Vanessa, Coral, Alix and Ros.

I did some galivanting at the party which included Karaoke.
It was my first ever Karaoke and I wish it didn't happen.
It will definately be my last.

I sang, with Amy, Don't Go Breaking My Heart. I was Kiki
and Amy was Elton. Which is really where the problems started.

We kind of lost our place on the script and we just stopped
singing half way through. I remember thinking, this might
be a good time for a 'wooo hooo' a couple of times and then
realising it wasn't. Oh well, you live and learn.

Overall, we had a great time and I hope they ask us back
- I doubt it though, as we left an hour early!

Gxx

1 comment:

Poppy Loves said...

Hello 'I Knit London' :-)

I have blogged you!!

http://whatdoespoppylove.blogspot.com/2010/03/knit-wit.html

I love what you do..please keep me posted with future events too...


x x x