I Knit London Tweets

Friday, July 17, 2015

I Knit or Dye STRIPES

I've been dyeing sock blanks for a while now to offer I Knit or Dye self striping sock yarn. They are a bit messy and take a little longer but I love the effect. I love the way the colours interact with each other when the sock blank is re-knitted into socks, I call this yarn Lazaretto. The most popular colour has always been the freedom rainbow flag. However while the Lazaretto is fab I have always dreamed of doing some 'proper' self striping sock yarn.


A few weeks ago Catriona tasked me with dyeing her some self striping sock yarn, she wanted purple and lime. Cat was a volunteer for me at Bestival in our knitting tent last September and so I couldn't refuse, really. Or rather, I couldn't resist. It took a while to get the right colours but it took a little longer to reskein the yarn and dye it and then ball it up!

This is my first Grotbags colourway sock. Cat loves the yarn, btw.


It was a matter of moments before I thought about dyeing red and white to make my dad some Liverpool FC socks!!




But the main event is really the freedom rainbow flag colour way, Love Wins. This is a super duper duper set of colours and I love it.


All these colours, plus a couple more, are available in our online shop, www.iknitshop.org.uk 

Gxx

No comments: