I Knit London Tweets

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

SP10

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I don't like 100% acrylic and I don't especially love cotton but I love merino and sock, 100% wool, cashmere, cotton silk

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
a whiskey bottle tube, I'm not that tidy, though.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I've been knitting for about 5/6 years. A crafty friend taught me the basic and learned lots more by taking risks, lol, but there is still a lot to learn but I think I am intermediate.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
i do but it's not really up to date.

5. What's your favorite scent?
l'eau d'issey by issey miyake.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
yes, most of my teeth are sweet, in fact, but I'm trying to live sugar free.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I have recently learned to crochet which I love but I only know a small amount. I don't have time for any other crafts. I'd love to spin but I think that is a few years away.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I can play cd's I like lots of music, mostly at like british indie pop bands like The Feeling.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
green. I like natural, earthy colours. not very parcial to fake, day glow colours.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I am almost married. We don't have pets wish to. Today I decided that I would like a rabbit. I would also like a big dog x 3, stick insects, snakes, sheep, and possibly pigs. I doubts I will ever get any, though.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I do not wear ponchos. I wear all the rest and I have been known to wear a celtic warrior shawl. Those who know me know the irony of that statement.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I usually knit small things that don't need sewing just because I suppose I'm lazy. I love knitting baby stuff, though. I also love knitting socks.

13. What are you knitting right now?
socks, a blanket, a calorimetry, mittens and a hat.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
not especially, sorry.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I mostly knit with wood, not bamboo, though. I love knitting with Denise, I have the pink kit.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I have a yarn winder but no swift.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
too old to remember.

18. What is your favorite holiday?
city holidays like NYC. I also love spain.

19. Is there anything that you collect?
no.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
knit picks, victorian lace today

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I've never done lace, I would love to knit a fab shall for my mum.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I am. I am a UK size 8.5 or a 42, i think.

23. When is your birthday?
9 July

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hello!!!!

Are you in NYC yet????

I have several pub options for a meeting on Wednesday - it's this week, right?

Sorry - my head is all a whirl with crazy life changing stuff. Tell you all about it when I see you ;o)

H xxxx - Do you have a mobile number?? email me for mine. heather_aok@yahoo.com