I Knit London Tweets

Saturday, February 24, 2007

babies and small clothes

Please may I introduce you to my up and coming neice/nephew. Isn't s/he gorgeous? S/he will be the best dressed baby in town!This is just finished this afternoon. It is for my 5 year old cousin Maisie who is kind of like a neice. She is very gorgeous. However, she made her feelings very clear the last time I saw her in Liverpool. From behind an arm chair where she was hiding she told me 'Go away, I don't like beards.' Too bad Masie my love, it's staying. I hope you like your new white cotton cardigan that has been jazzed up with some ladybird buttons.

If you look closely you will see a couple of red wine stains, oops! Her mother will definately not mind; we grew up together and I know she likes a little glass or two so I'm sure she'll understand.

Saturday in the shop has been quiet - everyone must be at Excel. I went on Thursday and I can't wait to order some more handspun from Fyberspates. The river was also present for the exhibition, thanks to Beatrice and the Middlesex WI, who have made almost 1000 between them!And they are sewn together!! Most of them have been sewn by Mary (who is pictured sewing in her hospital bed just to the right of this picture). I hoep you get well soon, Mary.

No comments: