I Knit London Tweets

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Almost knitted river

Here is a picture from one of WaterAid HQ store rooms.

This is a picture of just some of the unsewn squares for the river. They are still pouring in. I thought that Christmas might force a cesation but I think people have been extra caring over the festive season and made their contribution.

Thank you thank you thank you. We are humbled by the response we have received with this campaign and I find it difficult to adequately express my gratitude for your contributions of blue squares and the help we've received sewing them together.

If it's not obvious from the picture there are 12 bins bags full of blue squares. Some of the bin bags are industrial and so are bigger than the normal black bin liner. A further 10 have been sent to storage. Other bags are at home, at the shop, temporarily houses in a vacant corner at WaterAid or with people who have volunteered to help sew them.

Which brings me to a request - if there is anyone who would like to spend a hour or more sewing/knitting/crocheting blue squares together, please get in touch, we would be delighted and honoured by your help.

Gxx

No comments: