I Knit London Tweets

Saturday, May 05, 2007

cushions

Remember Brandon Mably? I do! He's inspired me.
I've just started on the very cushion cover Brandon is showing off in the above picture. I've nver done any colour knitting that is even nearly this complicated. I hated it to begin with; I couldn't comprehend bobbins!


can you see where I have worked out how to use bobbins? I was annoyed and embarrassed that I couldn't get it and Craig was amazed as I'm usually so good, obviously and I was getting very frustrated but I got it! Lat night was the turning point, 20 rows in!
This pic makes it obvious! I was getting into a terrible mess and I was almost mourning for the yarn I was wasting with all the strands!
Look at my bobbins! There are loads of them!!!!!!!! I even have a finger!!!!!!!!!! I've changed my mind about the colours and wish I had done others but I don't care at the moment.
It's done with Jamieson's Shetland Heather (double strand) on 5mm needles.
I'm utting it down now because another knit, or rather sew, a river panic attack has just began to encircle me. Time to sew!

5 comments:

Alice said...

ah, what you really need to do is learn to knit backwards, that is the key of such complex colourwork.

there is a knitty article on it somewhere, I mastered it via a basic google search

Isabel said...

Great effort! You are doing well.

Keep it up!

Unknown said...

If he ever does a seminar near you, it's really worth going. It's an expensive but very inspiring experience & I'd pay to do it again. Good for you, the intarsia looks nice and smooth.

Wye Sue said...

Glad to be able to come and see the shop and help with a little bit of river sewing yesterday.

Hope all goes well next weekend

Suemoon said...

Looking Good!

I owe you money for chips!