I Knit London Tweets

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

been a long time

Hi everyone

I'm sorry it's been so long since our last update - I don't know where to start!

The river was in an exhibition at The London College of Communication. That was very exciting - Handing Down The Memory Cloth was a student led project that involved different community crafy groups and their work. It was very inspiring.
















The market is quiet at the moment as it's summer but we still love it and it's great to see some regulars and get support for the river.

Our new shop - I Knit London- in Vauxhall, is taking up most of our time at the moment. We are busy cleaning, stocking and arranging the opening which we hope to be at the beginning of September. The shop will be a knitters sanctuary offering fantastic yarns, needles, inspiration and an opportunity to knit - come, shop, stay, knit. More news on the shop soon.

We love our knitting club! We have such a good time as it's great to be knitting out in public and meeting new friends and going to new places. Our last meeting at The Wellington at the end of The Strand was great with lots of new and regular faces.

Knit a river has had a little bit of press, too! There was a great piece in My Weekly and another in Simply Knitting's August issue.

I hope you are all well and knitting and thinking about what you'll be kniting in the winter months.

Best
I Knit Londonxx

1 comment:

Cie said...

I'm so excited about the shop, can't wait. Great to see the river getting bigger and bigger too. Thanks for the glamorous photos on the club page, I'll link from my knitting blog right away... See you next week I hope.