I Knit London Tweets

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Dry, my pretties, dry!

I am loving this dyeing business. even though it is quite a palava, I absolutely love it. I have a fab set up, if I do say so myself, but I've realsied that I don't need the drying room in the summer as the shop, some days, is hotter than the surface of the sun. Or there abouts. I'm sure a lot of dyers would say drying the yarn in the shop is a bit odd but they only come upstairs at night, they are dry (mostly) by morning.
I usually leave them hanging in the shop for a few hours after I've opened but that's because they are so pretty. This current batch is a 2ply lace merino and it's gorgeously smooth and scrumptious. I only managed three kilos yesterday as I got a bit distracted Rebeka Brooks on iPlayer.


The hank on the top far right of this picture is reserved for purchased tomorrow. That's just happened as I'm writing this and serving the odd customer at the same time.


There's a trio of very well behaved ladies in at the moment from Devon. I hope they didn't think I was mean by not making them coffee - 'only cold drinks during the day'. It was really because Ecco sells much nicer (real) coffee than I could ever make.There's been a lot happening recently and I wish I could show pictures of the patterns for the (not just) sock club but I think I'll wait until the end of this week just so the people outside the UK get their parcels.


Camp Bestival next week, can't wait!!!!!!!!!




No comments: