I Knit London Tweets

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I Knit Guernsey finalists chosen

I've just helped choose the five finalists for the I Knit Guernsey competition. It was very exciting to see all the entires and discuss what they qualities. I know a few people who have entered but the entries, brought over on behalf of Visit Guernsey by Sarah, were all nameless.

The winners will be contacted today or tomorrow, I believe, and the next stage is to knit your sweater. I'm soooo looking forward to seeing the real, live, knitted Guernseys. The five finalists we chose are all great but I know once they are knitted they are going to speak to us in different ways than the sketches, charts, photographs, etc did!

The Guernseys will then be shipped to Guernsey to half of the juding panel and then sent on to the other judges and there'll be a conference call to discuss the winner.

There will be an event to celebrate the competition and the winner and runners up some time mid October, during National Knitting Week so there will be news of that date very soon.

So, I'm excited by the conference call. However, I would rather there was a trip to Guernsey!!!!

Oh well, just because I can't go doesn't mean you shouldn't.

What are you waiting for, it's Summer! Visit Guernsey, NOW!

No comments: