I Knit London Tweets

Friday, April 06, 2007

Easter knits and other stuff


I did another sock. I have only done 1 as I might just use it for display in the shop, it's very tempting to do the other, though. It's Colinette Jitterbug. It's my first in this yarn and it's gorgeous.

I was distracted by a baby cardigan in Rowan Cashsoft dk.

I've only done the back up to now, it's great yarn to knit with, it just glides on the needles. The bank holiday weekend has been knit free. I've watched the last 6 hours of 24, though. It's a bit strange how much I love this show. The last few episodes do require a great level of commitment that I think challenges even the most faithful fans but it's worth it. I've never really though of myself of a man's man, in a manner of speaking, but I love Jack Bauer. After watching 5 series I do believe that if, after a series of unfortunate events, the future safety of the United States or indeed the world, ever rested in my hands I would be able to make the right decisions that would get us through the crisis. I doubt I would be able to use a gun, though. I think I would knit my way out.

We also watched the pilot episode of the new Battlestar Galactica. I don't remember anything from the original so this was mostly new, it's great, by the way. I love watching nonsense escapism. Especially at Easter!

From the sublime to the ridiculous, or the other way around. On the telly behind me, Maria is currenty singing about how she has confidence in herself; bag and guitar swinging, skirt twirling! On second thoughts I think if I was ever charged with ensuring the saftey of the world Maria and the rest of the Von Trapps would be my only inspiration.

Gxx

No comments: