I Knit London Tweets

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Knit a river at Jubilee Gardens, 14 October 2006

We had a great day at Jubilee Gardens last Saturday. It was brilliant to get some of the river out to show people.

Thanks to all those who could make it on the day; I'm sorry I didn't spend that much time with you.





















The River looked great in all it's glory, though there are more squares that haven't been sewn together than have. The river is going to be miles long, literally! Keep the squares coming.

Many hands make light work
Saturday afternoons are offcially sew blue squares together in our shop day. If you would like to come along, even if it's just for an hour, please do, tea, coffee and cake will be served.














Thank you to all of you for your contribution to the river. Your efforts are very much valued by I Knit London and WaterAid and we continue to be overwhelmed by your good wishes and support.





















Thanks also to Katie for being a gorgeous model.

1 comment:

Tombola said...

Was browsing and pleasantly surprised to see myself on the blog! Was great to see the river on Saturday - very impressive indeed. My square makes slow progress - thanks loads to Carolyn for lending me the needles!